Irwin is a barrister of Middle Temple, United Kingdom in 2004 and was admitted to practice in Malaysia as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2006. His passion is in the practice of dispute resolution, which includes counselling clients on their legal conflicts and issues, strategising on the best possible resolution of a legal dispute, and advocating his clients’ case in court.
His litigation skills and competence have continued to result in engagements for trial and appellate court work at all tiers of the Malaysian Courts from a diverse range of clientele from the corporate world as well as individuals. His specialisation is in contractual, construction, corporate and commercial litigation; with his most interesting cases involving matters relating to shareholders’ dispute, breach of directors’ duties, and construction defects. His other experience comprises of litigation involving the insurance industry such as insurance fraud, environmental law, industrial relations, medical negligence, libel and criminal law.
As a complement to his litigation background, Irwin is also regularly tasked by his corporate clients to provide non-litigious corporate commercial advice. At present, Irwin is engaged as a long-term external legal advisor for several companies. Prior to setting up Lo Chambers, Irwin was a partner in a law firm overseeing the litigation department and acts as legal advisor for several listed companies in Malaysia. Irwin is also a licensed Adjudicator under the panel of the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA) for construction disputes under the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012 (CIPAA).
Some reported cases that Irwin has been involved in are as follows:-
- Teh Guat Hong v Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional –  3 AMR 35
- Menteri Bagi Kementerian Dalam Negara & Anor v Jill Ireland Lawrence Bill & Another Case –  1 LNS 480
- Titular Roman Catholic Archbishop of Kuala Lumpur v Menteri Dalam Negeri & Ors –  4 MLJ 765
- Chan Fong Cheng v Aunfu Fibre Board (M) Sdn Bhd & Ors  1 LNS 1147
- Direct Scope Sdn Bhd v Kolektra Recreation Sdn Bhd & Maseba Sdn Bhd –  1 LNS 1408 refd(1)
- Naga Istimewa Sdn Bhd v Twin Digital Centre Sdn Bhd –  MLJU 542
- Twin Digital Centre Sdn Bhd v Naga Istimewa Sdn Bhd –  1 LNS 317
- Tunas Nasional Holdings Sdn. Bhd, v Chan Yak Heng –  MLJU 1677
- Securities Commission v Kenneth Vun @ Vun Yun Liun –  1 LNS 2018
- Flexi Components Sdn Bhd v Cubic Electronics Sdn Bhd –  1 LNS 1918
- Harian Inovatif Sdn Bhd v Sunday To Sunday Services Sdn Bhd –  MLJU 1721
LL.B (University of West of England)
Barrister-at-law (Middle Temple)
Certificate in Adjudication (KLRCA)